Spells of dizziness and lightheadedness can put you and your family at risk when they occur while you are driving. When you start experiencing trouble with your balance or focus, it is crucial to see a doctor. One visit to our Goose Creek clinic can help you quickly find out what issue is triggering dizziness and similar symptoms. Our team includes a physician, chiropractor, and many other professionals to provide you with as many treatment options as possible under one roof.
What is Dizziness?
The term dizziness is somewhat vague because it can describe a range of sensations. This is a type of disorientation that makes it difficult to stay steady and focused. Some patients report that their dizziness feels like a whirling sensation or a rocking motion like the tilting surface of a ship. Getting dizzy can make it hard to concentrate on driving, chopping ingredients with a knife, or other risky activities. Many auto and work accidents are caused each year by brief moments of intense dizziness.
There can be a complex mixture of similar symptoms that causes the overall dizzy feeling. These unsettling feelings may include:
- A false sense of motion
- Fainting feelings that could include vision disturbance and fading
- Disequilibrium, which causes stumbling and loss of balance
- Feelings of floating, swimming, or moving through a thick liquid
- Confusion and difficulty focusing
- Pain in the head, eyes, temples, or sinuses
- Difficulty breathing or hyperventilation
Cause of Dizziness
A spinning head can disrupt your day when you stand up too quickly or try to exercise without warming up. We may discover other causes for your dizziness like:
- Inner ear damage, infection, or inflammation
- Fluid build up in the ear known as Meniere’s Disease
- Low blood sugar
- Vision issues
- Low blood pressure
- Medication side effects
- Nerve damage throughout the body
- Joint and muscle damage due to disease or injury
- Neurological problems like Parkinson’s Disease
There are numerous risk factors that include you may be dealing with dizziness in the near future. These episodes can strike at practically any time if you have risk factors like:
- Age – adults that are at least 65 have the highest risk for developing dizziness on a regular basis
- Medications – read your medication notes carefully to see if vertigo is a common side effect
- Dehydration – lack of water and electrolyte imbalances can make you feel faint
- Stress – worry and fatigue makes it more likely that you will experience these symptoms
Dizziness Treatment Options
Something as simple as a dietary change or a re-positioning of your neck vertebrae can eliminate dizziness that just won’t fade away on its own. Many issues can be treated and eliminated without surgery or medication. Even inner ear inflammation or nerve pressure can be remedied with our treatments like:
- Anti-allergy diet recommendations to eliminate food related reactions
- Salt reduction strategies to stop fluid build up in the ear
- Stretching and massage to release tension on a nerve root
- Spinal realignment for vertebrae issues
Preparing For Your Visit To Our Goose Creek Area Office
Track your dizziness episodes and any other symptoms that appear at the same time. If you can provide us with some information, we can narrow down the cause behind your vertigo or lightheadedness. For example, recording numbness & tingling in the legs during your dizziness means that you could have a case of neuropathy. Bring along a record of your symptoms when you come for your first visit to our clinic to meet with the team.
The Initial Visit
When you arrive for your first visit, our doctors or a member of the Back 2 Health Physical Medicine team will spend time with you collecting your patient history. This information will help your Back 2 Health Physical Medicine Team know how significant your dizziness problem is and how best to help you. As you get started with a treatment plan for your dizziness, we will most likely give you some at home tips to be aware of. The Team at Back 2 Health Physical Medicine has a lot of experience with dizziness, but we will also need your participation in your care for the best results.
Feel free to look at our testimonials page to see what others have said about our Back 2 Health Physical Medicine. We’re proud to be part of their health care team. We want to thank you for considering us to help with your dizziness. It does not have to be a life sentence. You don’t have to become another statistic, dizziness is a fixable problem.
Free Dizziness Consultation
If you are suffering from dizziness, the team at Back 2 Health Physical Medicine is ready to help. Back 2 Health Physical Medicine provides specialized treatment plans for dizziness in Goose Creek, Charleston, North Charleston, Summerville, Hanahan and Ladson and can help you understand where your symptoms are coming from and what it will take to improve.
Call (843) 376-5595 today to schedule your free consultation!